Welcome to the Original Online Meeting Group of CGAA. Visit http://cgaa.info for more information on our fellowship and program.
New people can register via this link.

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:08 am

Forum rules

Welcome! Any newcomer or member struggling with compulsive gaming is welcome to post here. We encourage you to post an introduction and ask for help.

To keep our discussions safe and respectful, we ask for:
* No offensive content.
* No debate. This is a mutual support forum, not a general discussion forum.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Hello, introduction 

State/Province/Country: Florida
I'm a 46 year old female and a currently recovering game of war addict. I began playing in December 2005 and was quickly sucked in. I was playing approximately 16-20 hours a day. I barely slept, played while I was supposed to be working, played while making dinner. Three months after I started playing my husband kicked me out of our home because I wouldn't give up gaming. I continued to game and it became worse, I began spending on this "free" game. My family suffered, my job suffered yet I was unwilling to make any changes. in May 2016, I had my worst month, spending approximately $2000. It was the wake up call I needed. I started to cut back on my gaming and spending. On Sunday, September 4th, I walked away from the game and I've been game free for 5 days. ☺️.

Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:39 pm

State/Province/Country: California
Welcome, Flgirl2. You're in the right place. Congratulations on 5 days. That's a significant achievement. Hopefully the fellowship can provide you with the support you need to stay game-free. Hope to see you in the meetings. Best of luck.

Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:44 pm

State/Province/Country: Virginia
Welcome! Glad you've found us here. I can relate to a lot of what you wrote, barely sleeping, gaming during work hours, relationship problems, spending way too much money. Recovery is possible. Just one day at a time, I keep doing my best to not start that first game. With the help of this fellowship, I can abstain from games for those 24 hours.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]