Welcome to the Original Online Meeting Group of CGAA. Visit http://cgaa.info for more information on our fellowship and program.
New people can register via this link.

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 starting a local face to face meeting in the Netherlands? 

State/Province/Country: The Netherlands
Note: not certain where to post this.

I might find myself in need of a local meeting soon, so I decided to set one up. However, I don't have contacts with other gaming addicts over here (the Netherlands). Anybody have any suggestions on how to proceed?

I could just start a meeting and start informing local psychologists and psychiatrists about it. But that would mean I'm alone for the first while.

So, how to go about this?

I will also need to translate things, but the road to that is obvious.

Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:31 am

State/Province/Country: Virginia
I have a few ideas:

I'll add a meeting to the local meetings in Europe list on the CGAA website. I'll create a cgaa.info email address and forward it to your email address (just let me know what it is.)

I've been contacting psychologists about my local meeting. I don't have a private space yet, just meeting a local coffee house, which should be perfectly sufficient for a meeting of 2 or 3 people.

There's a lookup feature on the olganon site at http://www.olganon.org/face-to-face-loo ... value=OLGA

You could PM or email anyone active in the past year (or longer... just because they haven't viewed the website recently doesn't mean they don't need or want help escaping compulsive gaming.)

You could also contact student centers and student counseling, as I'm sure they run into game addiction problems all the time and will gladly refer people to a local support meeting.

Just let me know what City/Town you want to hold the meeting in. And what day of the week, if you know. And a contact email that I can forward to from the cgaa.info email address that I will post.

Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:34 pm

State/Province/Country: The Netherlands
So, you're saying just start the meeting and start contacting places where gaming addicts come? At the moment I'm all by myself.

Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:42 am

State/Province/Country: Virginia
What I'm doing is telling professionals and recovery organizations about CGAA's existence and giving them my contact info. I'm not holding a meeting yet. Once someone contacts me, I will see if the two of us can meet up, probably at a coffee house or something like that. I will keep our meet-ups informal while there are just two or three of us and encourage them to make more connections through the online meetings.

Once we have a solid group of three or more, then I will suggest that we find a regular private meeting place and start a regular meeting in the same time and place every week.

For the website listing: Just let me know what City/Town you want to hold the meeting in. And what day of the week, if you know. And a contact email that I can forward to from the cgaa.info email address that I will post.

You could contact this guy on olganon.

Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]